26 Things

Monday, February 20, 2012

26 Things update #2

So it's about 2 months until my birthday.. here's what I've been up to.

#2- Last week at community group, I lead two songs of worship with some help from my friend Doug. We did "Lord, I Need You" and "How He Loves" and it was an amazing experience. I have a long way to go, but I am definitely building my confidence and realizing my authority in Christ. Things are getting a little bit more comfortable and I'm starting to really enjoy it. The only feedback I'm getting is "keep doing it"...so I will :)

#6- I brought treats to work on Valentine's Day. I had the idea of making little mason jars full of candy for some of my work friends. I thought finding the jars would be a little easier, but someone suggested I use baby food jars since I couldn't find any empty jars.



I rinsed them all out and used Goof Off to get all the residue off..


Then, I spray painted the lids with antique gold spray paint..


Next, I bought some tags, picked my favorites and hole-punched them..


Finally, I filled them with conversation hearts, assembled them and wrote "Je T'aime" on them for I love you..



It was really fun to make them and I think they were a hit!

#13- Last week while I was parking for church, I saw a girl standing by the freeway exit holding a sign. I didn't have a chance to read the sign, but as I was parking she was really on my heart. I had some extra time, so I thought this was a great opportunity to offer to buy her lunch. I walked up to her and realized that her sign was instead asking for $50 so she could pay her rent. I told her I would be right back and I got her some cash. Her name is Linda and I invited her to church, so I'm hoping to see her there sometime soon. Keep her in your prayers. I was simply available and God chose to use me for more than I expected.


#16- I had my dinner party this weekend for some of my closest friends from Rancho. We ate lots of delicious mexican food including homemade guac, a salad and enchiladas.




#21- I walked to work on Friday for the first time since August when I moved in. It was super refreshing to feel the crisp morning air and be alone with my thoughts as I started the day. I also got to see the sun setting on my way home. I'm going to try to make more of a habit of it!
javascript:void(0)

1 comment:

  1. Your dinner party looks amazing! And I'm jealous of your walk to work! Good job on the list :)

    ReplyDelete